Ion and the Environment
Our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
We are committed to continually improve our environmental performance and we are developing an environmental management system (EMS) to do this in a structured way. The company will give the human and financial resources required to carry out this EMS.
We are developing environmental performance indicators to help us to assess our current and future level of environmental performance. This will also enable us to benchmark our performance against similar companies and industry standards.
Our policy to cut our environmental impact
- Integrate environmental management into our day‑to‑day business operations to make sure environmental issues are addressed, whilst providing a quality product to all our customers.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements.
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water.
- Reuse resources when possible and not dispose of them.
- Promote communication with internal and external interested parties and respond appropriately to reasonable requests for information about our environmental performance.
- Provide proper environmental training for all our people and encourage them to support this programme.
- Encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives.
- Ensure that all our people and the public can reach our policy.